On Friday, October 30th, we held a Virtual Roundtable with Senator Bob Casey to discuss the importance of reviving the Civilian Conservation Corps, detailing the environmental benefits of this program as well as the potential to provide pathways to good jobs.
During this roundtable, we discussed what “reviving the CCC” means, shared our recent findings from the Political Economy Research Institute (PERI) on the approximate number of jobs this federally-funded program can produce, and continue the conversation started at our Sustainable Justice Town Hall, reiterating the many barriers to employment for returning citizens and highlighting policies that would solve this major problem.
The roundtable was moderated by Matthew Stepp, Executive Vice President and Chief of Staff of PennFuture.
- Collin O’Mara, President and CEO of National Wildlife Federation
- Louis Reed, Director of Organizing & Research of #Cut50 at Dream Corps
- Dr. Patricia DeMarco, Vice President of Forest Hills Borough Council
- Stephen Herzenberg, Executive Director of Keystone Research Center
- Quenton King, Criminal Justice Policy Analyst at West Virginia Center for Budget and Policy
- Ilyssa Manspeizer, Executive Director of Landforce