ReImagine Appalachia (RA) is a coalition of over 100 environmental, labor, and community organizations, as well as 140 elected officials and faith leaders who are striving to create a transformational 21st century economy in our region. We focus on the creation of strong family-sustaining jobs, environmental justice, and sustainable development, and we work primarily in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky. ReImagine Appalachia has long embraced our faith communities, who bring trust, compassion, and grace to the table to discuss these issues.
We are planning an event series to highlight opportunities for investment with new, unprecedented federal funds, and we also recently released a Faith in Action toolkit to provide hands-on guidance on how faith communities can vision, and, in time, implement sustainable development projects in their neighborhood, town, county, or region. You can read more here. We are looking for an intern to assist with bringing these events and this toolkit to life.
This part-time remote position will pay $15/hour unless supported through a university or institution sponsored program. Non-students are also encouraged to apply. Hours and a specific starting date are negotiable, however candidates should be prepared to consider five to fifteen hours weekly, and begin as soon as possible. This internship will be through March 2023 with a flexible schedule for the holiday season and potential possibility for extension. Interested applicants should submit a resume and a brief cover letter to Natalia Rudiak at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
ReImagine Appalachia is committed to developing and retaining exceptional people. Our remote work environment strives to be safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
You can be a part of this exciting campaign during this once in a lifetime opportunity to bring transformational funding to our region.
● Assist with planning and execution (via Zoom) of virtual public-facing events, including outreach
● Plan and assist with regular RA internal and external meetings
● Assist ongoing diversity and inclusion planning and outreach for internal team and external
● Draft, target, and send individual correspondence and mass emails
● Research and draft proposed and new ideas for web/social media content
● Collaborate and contribute to the development of our Faith in Action event series and toolkit
support network initiative
● Other relevant tasks as agreed up by intern and ReImagine Appalachia
● Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a team and independently
● Commitment to environmental justice and understanding race, class, gender, and other equity
issues as part of our work
● Shown active participation in community and involvement in social justice work
● Basic theological and spiritual concepts that are applicable to a broad range of faith communities
● Familiarity with concepts of diversity and inclusion
● Ability to communicate effectively and accurately
● Proficient in usage of Google Suite (including Google Sheets, Docs, Forms, Slides) and Zoom
● Excellent current events / news sense and savvy
● Lived experience within a historically underrepresented community